Friday, October 29, 2010

Maggie Q Has Three Tattoos

Our favorite rogue assassin Nikita, played by Maggie Q, sports a tattoo in one of their posters.

And I thought its a fake. Surprise surpise, its a real one! And she gets to keep it on the show. It will not be covered in makeup.
Another way her time in Asia changed her life can be seen in the "Nikita" poster, more specifically on her upper thigh and hip. The tattoo of a phoenix is her own, and Q is thrilled she doesn't have to hide them with makeup to play Nikita.

Why a phoenix?
The phoenix -- just one of three tattoos Q sports -- has a curious origin story of its own. Apparently, while living in Asia, she tagged along with friends who'd visit fortunetellers.

"They'd always look at me at the end of the session and tell me, 'You're a bird.' Always," she says. "I didn't get it. As I started getting older, I got it. I met an artist who basically said, 'You understand what bird you represent. You're a phoenix because you've come from nothing and you're building something.' I wanted it to be the bird of strength."

But the article doesn't tell us what the 2 other tattoos are. Boo.

Read the full article here.

Credits:
'Nikita': Maggie Q reveals her tattoo's origin story
By Hanh Nguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment