Sunday, October 31, 2010

Shane West on his character Michael

In his interview with Zap2It, Shane West had this to say about Michael:

On keeping up with his female co-stars:
"What you can expect from Michael is everything and anything,"

About doing his action and fight scenes:
"I've done action and fight scenes before, but I was never supposed to be any sort of trained fighter in any sense of the word," he admits. "Doing kicks has been the hardest thing because of making it look good. You can kick anyone without lifting your foot very high and it'll be just as effective, but on camera, it's all about lifting the knee really high and extending."

About taking yoga:
"I'm not a yoga guy. I've been an athlete all my life. I never stretched but I never hurt myself. I was one of those annoying guys. Now I've realized with this show I need to do a lot of stretching. I might have to get into yoga. It works. I just hope they don't throw any extra kicks in in the next few episodes so I get a chance to learn."

On Nikita:
"She was one of my students, yes," says West from his character's point of view. "It was six years ago when she was in Division. She's been gone rogue for four years. I believe that in the few years that she was in Division, something blossomed between them -- whether it was physical, emotional, I don't know yet."

On Michael:
"I think that Michael would say he thinks it's a very important agency that does things that most people cannot do and work they cannot get to, situations they can't fix," says West. "I believe that he knows that some of their missions may be sketchy, but he believes that inherently there's a good reason behind everything Percy does. He doesn't necessarily trust him but he does feel he owes him."

For the complete interview, click here.

Credits:
'Nikita' set visit: Shane West tells tattoo stories, needs yoga
By Hanh Nguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment