Sunday, October 31, 2010

Melinda Clarke on her character Amanda

The Zap2It article presented Melinda Clarke's thoughts on her character and of the show using bullet points:

  • I can only assume that Amanda 20 years ago was in the exact same position that maybe Alex was in. However there's all kinds of back stories we can come up with. Maybe she's the one who actually runs Division, who knows?"
  • "I don't think anyone who works at Division wants to be on the wrong side of Amanda. Nobody wants to be on the wrong side of Amanda."
  • "She's clearly in control and together and beautiful. I personally want her to be progressive and fashion forward and not matronly. I think the show lends itself to that. I'm hoping that even though the young girls are supposed to be looking at Nikita's fashions -- which is rockin' -- I think that my character will be the same."
  • "[The shoes are] always a four-inch heel with a platform. That definitely lends itself to the character, so sometimes when I take them off for a shot, sometimes the attitude is gone."
  • "There will be a few surprises. Better be, soon. Nobody's told me, but on my own, I'll bet for sure I'll have some action."
  • "I trained quite a bit years ago for and action show called 'Soldier of Fortune.' I consider this role a combination between that character, who was a secret operative, and Lady Heather."
  • "If you're lucky enough to be on a show where you live with the weapon, which is what we did on 'Soldier of Fortune,' it's like driving a car. It comes back pretty easily. I've done some hand-to-hand combat with Maggie."
  • "Usually [my weapon of choice is] the Glock 9mm, which isn't that fabulous, but it works. It's very efficient. Knives are good too. I've done knife fights and can use a knife very well."

Tate Donovan as Director:
"I think Amanda needs a love interest of some sort. You know who'd love to work with? Love, love, love Tate Donovan. It's so much more than his just being a great actor. He's an incredible human being and we just laughed our asses off all day long. He just makes me laugh. You know what he's doing now? He's actually directing, so I'd love for him to come and direct. Tate Donovan needs to come and direct 'Nikita.'"

The article can be read over here.

Credits:
'Nikita' set visit: Melinda Clarke talks her weapon of choice and Julie Cooper
By Hanh Nguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment