Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Maggie Q's Stand on Animals and Diversity

In an interview with, "Nikita" star Maggie Q has this to say about animals and being vegetarian:
"I've never felt better in my life, ever. In terms of consciousness, what benefits our body and benefits animal welfare also benefits the planet. It's all connected," said Maggie Q, who's active with animal protection groups.

Hmmm. And I think they somehow translated that into the show when Nikita offered Owen veggie shakes. And to quote "I make a mean veggie shake." (Season 1, Episode 6)

And this is what she had to say about diversity:
She's pleased that aspiring Asian-American performers can point to her and say, "'When I get there, it’s going to be easier for me."'

The full article can be read here.

Credits:
'Nikita' star makes a stand for diversity, animals
By LYNN ELBER

No comments:

Post a Comment